Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Saying Goodbye...

Saying goodbye is never easy, but one way or another, we have to do it... Belief in God is what strengthens us, the knowledge that His eternal love and wisdom constantly bestowed upon us, are for our own happiness while exercising our free agency. Sometimes, he calls us when we have fully enjoyed this earth, sometimes He calls when our youthful bodies are at its peak, and sometimes, even Heaven needs a pure soul to refresh its walls...

Today, my family and I, along with the Eldredge and Reidhead families, say "goodbye and see you later" to baby Sage Lawrence Eldredge, my friend Crystal and Spencer's 5th child, and 8-month old baby boy. May his sweet soul be nourishing to all he meets "back home". She has released balloons in his honor at the cemetery. We've decided to do the same as she has asked...

In the same token, another friend revealed that she too, lost a young daughter, almost two, as a young mother. Today, we will also remember her...

Sometimes... Winter's long sleep encourages to forget...
How each season is beautiful, even with death...
We scream and beg for Spring to come; in reality, nothing brings us calm.


A tiny bud, a sign of life, but we forget each victory crowned with suffering and strife.
Time is both endless and limited; each choice molds.
Just like a new blossom, words and actions help life unfold.
Loving and to be loved is a divine gift, the only one never to be spent with thrift.
Little hands reach out to love; glimpses of heaven appear and come like a dove.
Little eyes close to eternal sleep, only God his soul can keep...

(My children; Jasmine, Ian and Lisa with the balloons)

(We released the balloons before they headed to the bus stop; the balloons, just like little children have a way of "staying put" before venturing out on their own, "slowly", "one at a time", but surely...)

Love until you forget how, but more so,
love because you can, now...

To Britta Hanson (pink and yellow), we say "see you someday"...

To Sage Eldredge (green, blue, orange) we say, "pave the way".

Both souls are precious in the sight of God; two chosen ones that made us better, just with their precious smiles and occasional nod.

I thank thee for freeing from earthly pain, choice souls Heavenly Father;
When thou deemest me ready, I will dwell with thee forever...

4 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Beautiful Carolyn...and on your other blog today.

My kids and I will do balloons this afternoon for Sage.

Chandy said...

Thanks, Lara...

Becky said...

This is a beautiful post. I knew Crystal but not very well, but it doesn't matter... when I read her blog I cryed for so long. The thought of any mother losing their little one is so painful to even think of. My thoughts and prayers are with her, and all mothers. May we all learn the lesson to live and love fully everyday of our life... we just don't know how long we will have together. It is so comforting to know that we can all be together again after this life... but in the mean time we must lean of the Lord for comfort and peace.

Chandy said...

Becky, hello...

I agree with you; I cried so much that I was loopy a lot for what my kids were asking me. I loved seeing them play, laugh, do homework and even bicker, lol! I sure do love them!