Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day 5- Just Playing...

So it's Day 5 of our family project and we enjoyed more cereal and leftovers today. We didn't go anywhere so that means, no $$ was spent! Yes!

To pass the time, we did laundry and played- a lot! Barbie, Legos, Hot Wheels and of course, I blogged. I also made Charlie's favorite dinner, one of them, and his fave dessert.

I found these plates at a nearby Goodwill for 99 cents each. Since there are yellows and gold in the centerpiece, I used my golden yellow plates to bring the yellow everywhere. The lack of blue anywhere else made the dainty design of the plates stand out a little better.



We made Hawaiian Haystacks and it turned out so yummy! The tablesetting is my rendition of using and re-using what we have. So the mums were transferred from the green bowl to my vegetable pitcher that I rarely used. Since I won those cute chicks, I paired them up with my rooster, "Red" and he proudly completed the centerpiece vignette. He's such a handsome fella!



And here's a piece of the Butterscotch Banana Bread that Charlie didn't let cool down before he ate a big piece. It is good warm, that's for sure! See the cute chickie peeking up at me? I think he's trying to ask for a piece, too! Should I give him some?

I am glad that it's the Sabbath tomorrow; it's a bonus day as we don't do any sort of business on Sundays.

9 comments:

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Bloggers, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tomorrow I believe. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! (Through Bloggerita's Thrifty Thursday.) I love your tablescape! I can't wait to read more of your blog.

Sheryl

Chandy said...

Sheryl, thank you, you are welcome anytime!

Chandy said...

Susette: Sounds great!

Hana said...

Hi friend.. Interesting post.. Nice blog work.. keep it up..
will drop by your site often.. Do find time to visit my blog and post your comments..
Have a great day.. Cheers!!!

Reanaclaire said...

very nice template here.. greetings to u..

Reanaclaire said...

hello..greetings to u.. your blog is very nice.. great to come by!

Jan said...

I love all these days. I love the table and the sentiment. Enjoy your Sabbath.

Chandy said...

Dear friends, I am so flattered that you have found my blog and felt impressed to leave such great messages... Thank you!