Saturday, March 7, 2009

Love Dare Challenge- Day 12


Today was one of my finals, so this was late. It didn't matter, we had a good day today.

Day 12
Love lets the other win
"Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others."
Philippians 2:4 KJV

DARE:
Demonstrate love by willingly choosing to give in to an area of disagreement between you and your spouse. Tell them you are putting their preference first.

What I Did:
Today, we took Ian to lunch for his 7th birthday tomorrow, but I also wanted to take him clothes shopping since he's been low on pants. After Charlie agreed to let me shop with him, he mentioned also possibly waiting on Monday to do it, just by ourselves. Normally, I would have already discussed why that would not be a good idea, but instead, I quietly agreed.

I can't wait to see how I would do for the next dare, but I know I'll be strengthened by the fact that it is the Sabbath.

2 comments:

Eldredge Family said...

This dare would have been a challenge for me! CONGRATS!

Chandy said...

Thanks Crystal, it was really a "tongue-biting" experience!