Sunday, March 15, 2009

Being Self Reliant & Love Dare Challenge- Day 20

Today, since it is the start of Spring Break, Charlie and I decided that it would be best to put our wallets on a break as well and live off of what we have in the house. Meaning, no TV, no electronic games, and no buying food that is not necessity. We prayed about it as a family and we listed off a menu amenable to all and the games we will play as a family.
We will lock up the TV's and the only time we will use the computer is for homeworks like mine and brief blogging of our updates.
We will start Tuesday morning and we will do this for 10 days. Monday, we will organize our pantry and kitchen to get an inventory and clean out "unnecessaries" or "garbage" so that we can get a handle on how much we wasted space, food and resources." Wish us luck! (I'm more worried to realize how much we have in the house, as our kids have the tendency to want the whole neighborhood to know, lol!)


Day 20
Love is Jesus Christ
"For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Romans 5:6 KJV

DARE:
Dare to take God at His Word. Dare to trust Jesus Christ for salvation. Dare to pray, “Lord Jesus, I’m a sinner. But You have shown Your love for me by dying to forgive my sins, and You have proven Your power to save me from death by Your resurrection. Lord, change my heart, and save me by Your grace.”

What I Did:
We went to church today and the pattern of the talks were about counting your blessings and relying on the Lord Jesus Christ for strength and faith. I felt love and assurance that I can finish this Love Dare Challenge and make my marriage and family life better.

No comments: