Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Quiet Day? Maybe Not...

Today was cereal again for breakfast as the kiddos didn't really want anything, but I was told that once they got to school (Ian and Jas), they ate breakfast again. So all was good. I can't believe it is Day 8; two more days... The only thing we had to pick up today were balloons for Sage and Britta tomorrow- to remember their brief time here on earth with two amazing families... The Eldredge and the Hanson.

Charlie and I slept in after Lisa left for school and not much after that, just more organizing and brief visit with my neighbor, Heather Wolfe. The kiddos came home wanting snack, so they had popcorn and some Otter pops to cool off. Then homework and playtime outside. I visited blogs and choked on some lovely comments (Thanks, Anne, Caitlyn and Rorie!) while also keeping up with the house. Charlie put away my dinnerware sets up in the pantry and I was able to put away my Gorham "Flowering Meadow" crystal goblets and flutes in a more secure box. Thank goodness for that!

We then picked up the mail and then Lisa at the highschool after their Pre-UIL competition. They were told they did pretty well, so we'll see on that. If they get a 1, they are again in the lead.

Charlie played with Jas and Ian and taught them how electricity works. He used the book, "Science Fun Station" and showed them how batteries work and how to even create a switch.




Watch the bulb...

Do you see it? It's lit!

Ok, here's one more fun thing they did.

They made a SWITCH using a clip and two bolts! Watch Ian...

How cool is that?! Thank you, Daddy!

Daddies are so much fun, don't you think? WE DO!


For dinner, we decided to use the spaghetti sauce for something else. I remembered that Annette also gave me some ribeye steaks during their recent "half-a-cow" purchase that they do every year, so I made those. Just a quick run on the grill on both sides, a little salt and pepper and that's it! Of course, around here, steak means, rice on the side, so... Here's our ribeye steak strips on rice with spaghetti sauce and peas! We had ruby red grapejuice to drink! YUM!


We hope you had a great dinner, too!

************************************************

Day 29
Love's Motivation
"With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:"
Ephesians 6:7 KJV

DARE:
Before you see your spouse again today, pray for them by name and for their needs. Whether it comes easy for you or not, say “I love you,” then express love to them in some tangible way. Go to God in prayer again, thanking Him for giving you the privilege of loving this one special person—unconditionally, the way He loves both of you.

What I Did:
I actually do this every night; I pray that he is safe and that those around him would be supportive and aware of his goodness so he can get over his shyness at work and be let to shine as he loves everything about commercial airplanes. I tell him that I love him several times a day and ask him for his opinion on most things as I value his wisdom. I am very grateful for my husband and Heavenly Father gets an earful of that statement a day also! :-)

4 comments:

Hansonpatch said...

I love science, look up using potatos for power, way cool! Dads are the greatest, of course being a daddies girl I am a little predjudice ;-).

Chandy said...

I knew you'd agree! :-) Will do that!

Jewel Allen said...

Yum!

I know I've told you this before, but your family looks so together! I especially like seeing how your husband likes to jump in and join in the fray.

Kudos to you and him for raising such beautiful kids.

Chandy said...

Thank you Jewel, we are quite together on most things. We tend to live everything behind once we are inside our home...