Thursday, March 19, 2009

Featuring... Cece & Dexter!

So it's Day 3 of our Spring Break family project. So far, so good... We've been having fun using up lots of eggs and milk, but hopefully, we have enough.

Today, we woke up hungry for some muffins. In our pantry, we found this!
So we quickly preheated the oven to 350, made the batter then set the table while we waited. We also found some maple bacon in one of the crispers, so we made that and breakfast looked like...

This!!! Isn't it yummy enough to power up your day? It was to us and we got a lot done!

While we washed dishes, did a few loads of laundry, cleaned the living room and vacuumed the floor, we decided that Dexter, our very cute and tenacious cockatiel, should be free for today, so we let him out of his cage. After a few practice landings on each of our heads, he settled on top of his cage long enough for me to snap this great shot.

Then Cece, our diva of a cat, got some pampering from Lisa by being handfed her snack. She's a pickier eater than Jasmine! We have to buy her different brands almost regularly!

Ian and Jasmine took this cute shot while they are drawing different random things on paper since no one's out yet to play.

Just before lunch, I decided to get a headstart on dinner by using the crock pot my MIL gave me the last time they were over for Christmas in Mesa, AZ with us. "Look Mom, I'm using it for the 7th time now. Aren't you proud of me?" LOL

We decided to have fun at lunch and use our "ZooPals" look-alike plastic plates! I got the Pinky the Pig.
We passed the time with music, dancing, taking showers, more dishwashing and laundry. We also baked some cookies I call, "Chocolate Chocolate Chip". They are so chocolatey, you have to say it twice! ;-)

Then, I realized that I can do an Asian night with what's in the crockpot. So Lisa made rice and I made Oriental Nido Soup with eggs and lobster balls. We had bbq beef ribs, so tender, it became pulled beef ribs!
Doesn't everything look delicious and in the spirit of being frugal, I refreshed last Friday's bouquet by using one of the good agapanthus stems and simulated a Japanese way of floral arrangement called Ikebana.
Then, right after dinner, I remembered that I received my winnings from a fellow blogger and tablescaper, Robyn. So we opened it and look at this cute shade! I love it!

This beautiful "Ball" Jar lamp and "foil" chicks will be featured again in Jasmine's birthday dinner party soon! She loves them as much as I do! Thank you, Robyn!

*************************************************


Day 24
Love vs. Lust
"And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever."

1 John 2:17 KJV

DARE:
End it now. Identify every object of lust in your life and remove it. Single out every lie you’ve swallowed in pursuing forbidden pleasure and reject it. Lust cannot be allowed to live in a back bedroom. It must be killed and destroyed—today—and replaced with the sure promises of God and a heart filled with His perfect love.

What I Did:
Since I love tablescaping, I've really been salivating over different plates, but since we started this 10-day "Self-Reliance" project, the desire is not as strong to spend time looking at different dishes. A definite blessing; I find more time for my family!


Thanks for joining us on our adventure today!

3 comments:

Hansonpatch said...

The dinner looks so good, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE soup of anykind, Yummy! Love the tablescape! Lisa has georgeous skin! Sorry it has been so long since I have commented spring break isn't giving me a break! Everytime I have attempted to leave a comment I get called away only to find a kid or hubby on the computer. I am going to the other two blogs now and am hoping I will find details on the bowls and plates pictured above :-)

Chandy said...

Thank you! I've been having fun doing tablescapes everynight to help distract the kids from us not doing outside things for Spring Break. LOL

Lisa said...

Tried Nido soup last year from like www.geocities.jp/hongkong_bird_nest/index_e.htm . Tastes really good... yeah, I thought it was gross at first, but wow, you won't regret it.