Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Testimony of Jesus Christ


I found myself tagged by Jan of "The Crazy Lady on Road 80" to share my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love this picture of our Lord praying in the garden of Gethsemane; I can almost hear him praying for me and all of us...

I find myself wondering if there would be enough room on this blog to contain my love of our Lord. HE has been with me since I was a little child, abused and alone. HE helped me dream of better things and hope for things unseen. HE helped me develop my faith and keep it. HE has watched out for me and kept me from harm. HE has taught me the value of money and the perils of stealing.

When I was about 5 or 6 years old, I was really hungry and since my mom was asleep and there was no food in the house, I wanted to go downstairs and buy some food. From my mother's room, I can smell the lunch being sold and served by the people living below us as construction workers took their break from building this soon to be a 5-story clothing factory/residence. Out of the corner of my eye, I found near my mom, a 5-peso bill and I immediately picked it up. I looked at the calendar where the picture of Jesus Christ was on and I thought that it was His way of letting me get something to eat, but while I was trying to decide what candy I can also buy with my new found money, a clear voice told me, "Stealing is wrong. You are better than that." I wanted to use the money, I was hungry, but the voice wouldn't go away and when I looked up at the picture again, the Lord's face seemed sadder. I put the money back and took a nap myself. Though I was hungry, I felt good inside and the Lord's picture seemed happier and well pleased.

HE listened to me when I poured out my heart to our Heavenly Father and helped repair my first daughter's damaged heart before she was born. He has always known who I wanted to be and who I can become.

Heavenly Father has never ceased to watch out for me through His beloved son, Jesus Christ and finding His gospel, His true church was just another helping hand he has always extended to me. Our father knew of my love for all people, so he has helped me get over my own hermit like personality and learn to reach out.

The Lord's gospel continues to help be the best mother and wife I can be to my family. I am truly humbled that He has found me worthy enough to help, carry, teach and love throughout my whole life and even now... I am a child of God and I love my lord Jesus Christ, my dearest big brother...

***************************************************


Day 27
Love is Incredibly Powerful

"O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee."
Psalm 25:20 KJV

DARE:
Think of one area where your spouse has told you you're expecting too much, and tell them you're sorry for being so hard on them about it.

What I Did:
Again, this is about me not being able to read my husband's quiet ways correctly. I apologized and promised to be more patient.

7 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Dear Chandy,

What a pwerful testimony! I am so glad that you shared that> I pray that it might be a message to others who have not listened for direction. I olove this! Thanks for sharing.

Ps, I responded to your comment re: my post on my blog.

Have a great week!

Jan said...

Love it Chandy. We all learn aspects one by one and that is how we become closer to the truth. Line upon line. I love your little peso story. It was so beautiful. I know you were hungry, but now you are well fed with the Gospel.

Thanks. Have a great rest of your day. :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Popping in from SITS to say hi!

Melissa said...

Beautiful testimony, Carolyn. Thanks for sharing that.

Chandy said...

Jan, thank you for the invitation to share.

Melissa, I'm glad to see you here again!

Blonde: Welcome!

Amy said...

Thanks for visiting my site and entering my giveaway! Sorry you weren't able to win this time, but don't you worry, I've got a lot more ideas for my next one so I'm sure there will be another one soon!

Chandy said...

Ok, thank you!