Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 1 and Day 22

Self- Reliance Project
Day 1

So now that we have an organized pantry, coming up with a menu for my very first St. Patrick's Day dinner came together much easier. But first we had to get breakfast out of the way! The kids voted on PANCAKES, so...

From the pantry, we got some


Then from inside the fridge, some


Put it all together
Then add some homemade honey butter and make some yummy...
First, we have to set the table in a nice manner
Then serve the pancakes with berries, syrup, butter and ice-cold milk!

Lunch was just leftovers and then we did some errands. When we got back, back to the business of the dinner. We invited Daniel over since it is Spring Break.

Since we are not Irish, we did what came close- Corned beef brisket, Mashed red potatoes, corn and brownies with green sprinkles plus white grape juice.


"Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody!"


***********************************************************




Day 22
Love is Faithful

"I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord."
Hosea 2:20 KJV

DARE:
Love is a choice, not a feeling. It is an initiated action, not a knee-jerk reaction. Choose today to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of their interest in receiving it. Say to them today in words similar to these, “I love you. Period. I choose to love you even if you don’t love me in return.”

What I Did:
In the wee hours, while we were still awake (he works graveyard and I'm a zombie), I told him that I love him and that I love our life together. We do this often, but this dare also made it more meaningful for me.

6 comments:

Jan said...

That is pure fantastic. Love it love it.

Your little dares are making my marriage even happier. Thanks.

Who did you header? I love it. I need a blog with style too.

Chandy said...

It is from Rose Haven Designs. I won it from her giveaway!

Eldredge Family said...

I love the green table and the morning table! You are so thoughtful! I am glad you are keeping up with your love dares! That is awesome.

Chandy said...

Crystal it's not easy, but I know it's worth it! Thanks!

Jewel Allen said...

Would you look at that! How fun for your family that you make every day dining such a pleasurable experience. You have a beautiful family, Carolyn.

Chandy said...

Harriet: Welcome to my blog!

Jewel: Thank you! They are having fun with it! I love seeing you here in my blog!