Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friday Catch up Today

Yesterday was a little distracting for me; finding out that my friend Crystal is hurting made me weak and foggy all day. Crystal was one of my former Visiting Teachers and she was one of the "good" ones. She loved learning about me and my family while she also filled my home with the love she felt for her growing family. It was always a treat to see her and finding out she has a blog was an unbelievable luck on my part. I loved reading all of her posts and the fun and love she infuses in each. She loves to make things herself and is a great student of all things fun! I've only been in her home once in AZ in the campus housing we were at and just like me, she made it a home even though she knew it would be temporary. I just love that about her. I hope she knows that her examples are still with me today and I use her genuine love of her VT sisters in my own visits to the ladies I get to meet.

And since Friday is our "lax" day, we walked to different stores and just "looked" at the clearance items they have. It satisfied our (ok mine...) curiosity for things we are not buying. We did have to buy Ian some band-aids because of a blister from his flip-flops.

Lunch was again just leftovers, we washed some more clothes and went down to our church building and cleaned it as a family. Good thing it was Spring Break; it was left fairly clean so we managed to clean up all by ourselves.

Dinner was almost at 9pm since we still had to do a quick milk and eggs run. Hubby refilled the van with gas just before work and finished what we had to do.

I'll post on what we did today, a little later...



Day 25
Love Forgives

"To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;"
2 Corinthians 2:10 KJV


DARE:
Whatever you haven’t forgiven in your mate, forgive it today. Let it go. Just as we ask Jesus to “forgive us our debts” each day, we must ask Him to help us “forgive our debtors” each day as well. Unforgiveness has been keeping you and your spouse in prison too long. Say from your heart, “I choose to forgive.”


What I Did:
Charlie normally is so quiet, I couldn't read him most times. And when I react, he doesn't understand why. So yesterday, I realized that I should just leave him alone after I try to get his attention three times.


***************************************************



Day 26

Love is Responsible
"Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things."
Romans 2:1 KJV


DARE:
Take time to pray through your areas of wrongdoing. Ask for God’s forgiveness, then humble yourself enough to admit them to your spouse. Do it sincerely and truthfully. Ask your spouse for forgiveness as well. No matter how they respond, make sure you cover your responsibility in love. Even if they respond with criticism, accept it by receiving it as counsel.

What I Did:
I actually did this yesterday, but I'll do it again...

No comments: