Thursday, March 12, 2009

Love Dare Challenge- Day 16 & 17

I have a great excuse for posting late; I had finals. But I'm glad that I was able to do it, so I'm combining it with today's dare.


Day 16
Love Intercedes

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."
3 John 1: 2 KJV

DARE:
Begin praying today for your spouse’s heart. Pray for three specific areas where you desire for God to work in your spouse’s life and in your marriage.

What I Did:
I prayed that he would understand me a little bit more, but more than that, I would continue to understand his quiet ways as it is too much of a mystery sometimes. The other two are that we would stay here in Texas and that we could soon find a home so that we can focus on other aspects of our marriage, like having room and time to work on projects together like we've wanted for so long.




Day 17
Love promotes intimacy

"He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends."
Proverbs 17:9 KJV

DARE:
Determine to guard your mate’s secrets (unless they are dangerous to them or to you) and to pray for them. Talk with your spouse, and resolve to demonstrate love in spite of these issues.

What I Will Do:
I will continually pray that I can maintain his level of love for me as I get too uptight on things that normally could be seen as "non-issues". I did pray on this topic last night.

Hope you have a great Thursday, thanks for visiting!

No comments: