Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 2 & Day 23

Second day into our "Self-Reliance" Project. We're doing good; we got a lot done!

Of course, you can't start the day without a great breakfast.

The kiddos voted on FRENCH TOAST!

This is my own recipe minus sugar since the syrup is enough to sweeten each slice. But remember, we have to set the table first...
(See the beautiful purple iris peeking? How about my new utensil pattern? I had to get new ones because the first two I got failed!)

You are salivating over one of the loaf heels and tangelo pieces and cold milk! Gotta use up everything, remember?

Afterwards, we were energized to do some gardening, how do you think we did?

Again, LUNCH was an array of leftovers. The kids know this about our weekends, so it's not a surprise when they ask for it. Conversely, they think I'm sick or something when I make something for lunch. I've trained them well, don't you think? LOL

SNACK was a failed attempt at making Chocolate & Toffee chip Chocolate cookies. It came out flat and crunchy! But because it tasted good anyway, the kids dubbed it, "Failure Cookies", our new ice cream crumble topping! YAY! They are recycling!

Just before dinner, we delivered some of our extra groceries to one of our member neighbors and made some new paper out of grocery ads! We'll show you how it turns out tomorrow...

Doesn't it look fun? We got this Bill Nye Paper Recycling Factory kit at Walmart for 90% off!
Lisa and I were in the background getting ready for dinner...

For dinner, we found a package of this so we mixed it with some ricotta cheese, ground beef, Italian herbs, spaghetti sauce, eggs and spinach and three other cheeses to top it all off then wait for 1.5 hours...


Why don't we set the table while we waited to have a slice of...


My very FIRST SUCCESSFUL lasagna!!! AKA 4-Cheese with Spinach Lasagna. (Yes, my previous four attempts ended in embarrassing looking mess.) Charlie, Lisa and I loved it! Ian and Jas found some bbq wings in the freezer. We also ate toast and had lemonade! Want a slice?



***************************************************



Day 23
Love Always Protects

"Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."
1 Corinthians 13:7 KJV

DARE:
Remove anything that is hindering your relationship, any addiction or influence that’s stealing your affections and turning your heart away from your spouse.

What I Did:
I think right now would be my blogging, but he supports me on it, and our reliance project is helping me prioritize better between blogging and family, lol! No need for any intervention yet! ;-)

2 comments:

JudyBug said...

The Lasagna looks scrumptious. I love anything with spinach and ricotta cheese!

I've made a similar "ice cream topping" before when the candy or cookies didn't work!
JudyBug

Chandy said...

Hello Judy! Me, too!