Saturday, March 28, 2009

$1.20; That's It!

In June, Jasmine will be 10 years old, and in our household, birthday #10 is a big deal. That means she gets a pretty big party. So, we asked her for ideas of the kinds of gifts she would want. Believe it or not, it is something I never expected for her to keep wanting since she saw them. But, everytime we went to this particular store, she would ask if we can see them. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

So yesterday morning, I called the store's manager and told him the situation. I expressed that though it is reasonably priced, I can't afford the price they're asking for and if I can be informed of when it'll go on sale, because- my Jasmine really wants it. And if you know her, she rarely set her heart on anything for more than a day, so we knew this was a "sure bet" of a gift for her.

It is originally $30 since we moved here back in June 2007. It has never gone on sale until I inquired. The manager, a sweet, sweet man, gave it to me for $19.96. Not much, right? But this store bought this item for 60 more cents than that so because I needed two, they totaled a profit of only $1.20 off two boxes! I'll take that any day! We picked it up last night and told Jasmine that it's her early birthday present. She still couldn't believe it!

Here's a big clue for you...



Lisa accompanied Daniel to his Swim Banquet last night. I just can't get over how cute they look together... As a mother, I can't be more grateful that she found someone who truly cares about her as much as this young age can muster.

See the House Rules in the background, we are all bound by that, in and out of the house. I made sure to add that bit in... ;-)

TODAY, not much happened... Cleaning, relaxing, laundry and my second set of finals! We also walked to Tuesday Morning and found the same items I've been watching since the start of the month, majorly discounted! Woohoo! Then because it was so windy and cold, I treated the kids to a pizza stop at Cici's. I asked the manager if I can order just 1 child buffet and two adults since Jas and Ian don't eat much, he said he couldn't. There were no other promotions going on and they have a "no sharing policy" meaning, for buffet, it's per person. So knowing I have no choice, I reluctantly ordered. When he told me the total, I couldn't believe it, I was ready to pay the $5 AYCE per person price, but he only charged us less than $12! Charlie picked us up, so we grabbed the items I bought at TM then went home. It was a good day... Ok, now, I have to finish up my final essay...

SIDENOTE: I can't believe that I've managed to do the daily Love Dare! Tonight is Day 32! One more week and I'm done! Another thing to cross off the checklist of "To Do's" this month. Yay!!!

**********************************************


Day 32
Love Meets Sexual Needs

"Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband."

1 Corinthians 7:3 KJV

DARE:
If at all possible, try to initiate sex with your husband or wife today. Do this in a way that honors what your spouse has told you (or implied to you) about what they need from you sexually. Ask God to make this enjoyable for both of you as well as a path to greater intimacy.


What I Did:
Well, I gotta give you something to guess about, right? ;-)

No comments: