Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rain, rain, don't go away...

Today, right after the kids took off, I blogged, commented on some then joined Charlie for some needed sleep (I didn't doze off until a few minutes before 6 a.m.). After making sure that my kids were awake, fed and ready to catch the bus, I started to question if I should stay up or go back to sleep. Sleep won...

When I woke up at almost noon, it was so dark that I thought I imagined the whole thing, but when I saw Charlie, it dawned on me that maybe, it's raining again outside. Just at that moment, an intense rumble hovered over the complex. I got up to verify that it is raining.

I was so glad the kids needed a ride home since it was Chess Club today, so they didn't get wet too much. Whew! For me, the first thing I did when I saw it was raining, was open up the drier window and let the cool air in. It was quite refreshing! But alas, it was gone in a few hours... In its wake, it left our clearing wet and refreshed. The air crisp and cool...

It was a good day; Ian and Jas got good behavior stamps, Lisa needed to be picked up from Choir again, and she didn't have much homework but type up some terminology for US History. Since we still do not have access to our TV until Thursday night, the quiet of the kids reading was almost heavenly. I love quiet days...

***************************************************


Day 30
Love Brings Unity


"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be bone, as we are."
John 17:11 KJV

DARE:
Isolate one area of division in your marriage, and look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it. Ask the Lord to reveal anything in your own heart that is threatening oneness with your spouse. Pray that He would do the same for them. And if appropriate, discuss this matter openly, seeking God for unity.

What I Did:
Of course, when you're a zombie like me, remembering that you have other parts of the house you need to clean sometimes, don't. Charlie told me on Day 3 that he wished I did more housework. I think it's because since Lisa's chores are the dishes and she doesn't do it well, we are conflicted on if I need to take over or not. So, lately, I've been impressing on Lisa that dishes come first as we need clean dishes and spoons to eat with and I've also been reteaching her how to rinse and stack if she does need to delay doing the dishes so that there are no "surprises" at the bottom of both of our sinks. We have discussed it and through prayers, I've decided that teaching Lisa to find other acceptable ways to do the dishes is the best compromise. They get done, she gets to keep her phone, and Charlie doesn't complain about the dishes...

No comments: