Friday, April 10, 2009

Walk, walk and walk some more...

Yes, that's what we did today. We walked from our place to Tuesday Morning for some inexpensive crystal. Actually, the same specific Gorham crystal that I saw last late February. I told myself (and my budget) that if these are still around by Easter time they will be mine! They must be because all six were still there! I'll show it on Sunday's Easter tablescape at my other blog.

Then off across the street to Kohl's for Easter dresses for the girls. Thank goodness we found some they both liked and the colors are complimentary to I-Dude and Mr. Man's shirt. Thank goodness! L-Infinity and J-Pony have two different styles, so finding any holiday dresses that don't clash is a big relief!

On the way home, as before, we played our "Alphabet game". I-Dude chooses a topic and the first person to start the game. Today was "sea creatures" and I was first. We started with abalone and ended with zebra fish. We didn't mind having people driving by seeing us laugh our heads off from not coming up with a sea creature for a particular letter. For example, L-Infinity got stuck on U, so everytime it's her turn, she would substitute with "U" like uctopus, ulectric eel and ugli fish.

Tonight, we did a dry run with our Easter dinner and dessert tables. J-Pony is helping me and she even chose a dessert for Sunday. Then we enjoyed a simple "breakfast for dinner" fare. And of course since it 's Friday, we also have dessert. We tried making "molten lava cakes", but I think our oven is too hot, since I have yet to see the real lava. I've got as far as ooey-gooey, but no lava... not yet! One day... one more practice. I'm sure I can handle more chocolate, right?

Movie night is "School of Rock" with Jack Black.

Hope you all had a great Friday!

5 comments:

Hansonpatch said...

Can't wait to see the crystal and it sounds like you guys had a great day of fun! Happy early Easter!

The Country Nest said...

Hi,
Thanks for stopping by...that is how I found you...love your blog. You have a wonderful family and I can see you all playing the alphabet game on your way home. Happy Easter.
Donna

Chandy said...

Ann, you'll love it! I fell in love with it the moment I saw one, so I was very glad with the purchase!

Happy Easter to you as well...

Donna, thank you for visiting! We had a lot of fun!

Stephanie said...

What a fun family activity. YOU are so fun!

Chandy said...

Thanks, Steph! We had so much fun spending time together!