Friday, April 17, 2009

Brain Booster: Lowe's?

Well, I finished my second essay! Yay me! I need to finish the third one by at least 2 AM tomorrow so I can turn it in, get some sleep then work on the last one all day tomorrow!

We had some thunderous rainstorm today for several hours. It even knocked out the power (of course while I was typing meaning nothing saved yet) for 3 whole seconds!

I felt restless by the afternoon and decided that maybe some gardening will do! Well, the vision bubble was quickly burst when there are no rectangular terra cotta clay planters in either Lowe's or Walmart for my window sill! But... I did find these!



Some deep purple petunias, more potting soil ($2 less than the tag) and an awesome but dying deep pink Asiatic Lily plant! The sweet part is that the plant is very healthy, just had too many dead leaves and blossoms so Lowe's cut the price in half! I don't mind that one bit... We got back pretty late, but since the storm has passed, another beautiful day will be upon us tomorrow and I get to garden with my children and have a new plant to experiment with! I can't wait!

Oh yeah, I also found a couple of Easter goodies at Walmart I've been watching since mid February for 75% off! YES! I can't wait for next Easter!

5 comments:

Hansonpatch said...

I love stormy days, they are always so enjoyable. Sounds like you got a great plant, and will have fun with the kiddos tomorrow.

Chandy said...

Hi Ann! I did, I did! I'll have to take a picture soon when they look more alive. LOL

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Chandy, they are beautiful!
Hey, I wanted to ask you something.WOuld you mind shooting me an email, lbratina@bellsouth.net?
Thanks! Hope you got all your homework complete.

Chandy said...

Hi Leigh, I just did! Love ya you know so of course I'd email you right back! ;-)

Tamara Jansen said...

If you need to get your gardening fix you could come by the greenhouse and give a hand :)