Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2 Down, 2 To Go...

I have two final essays to write left, but the first two I finished, I did very well on! (Yay! Can I get a woot, woot?)

We didn't have a smooth morning. J-Pony and I-Dude woke up twenty minutes before they were to catch the bus, but again, they were able to eat in the cafeteria at school. It was picture day but I forgot to write out checks for them last night so Mr. Man and I drove down to deliver them. But first, Jasmine called asking if we can bring her and Ian good picture day shirts because they forgot to change out of their pajama tops! In the afternoon, it was quite different. I don't know if it's the weather, but we've had a fairly quiet time so far... I-Dude got a behavior stamp (good), J-Pony had a good time at school and L-Infinity thought her Health textbook is funny. No visits until the kids came home. Only 2 phonecalls and after the kids got home, they did homework quietly, voluntarily, and read right afterwards. Are we having a good day? Why yes, we are and I for one am very grateful for that because we've had worst and I feel like I want to celebrate my two recent "A" papers before my "frazzled, computer hog for finals" alter ego takes over again in a few days. LOL

***************************************************

(From IStockphoto.com)


Day 36
Love is God's Word

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105 KJV


DARE:
Commit to reading the Bible every day. Find a devotional book or other resource that will give you some guidance. If your spouse is open to it, see if they will commit to daily Bible reading with you. Begin submitting each area of your life to its guidance and start building on the rock.

What I Did:
It's hard to do this because Mr. Man's schedule at the moment is subject to change at a moment's notice, so instead, I tell him of the different scripture passages associated with each dare and discuss them.

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Bria just woke up so late this moning, too! (Actually, so did I, which is why she did...I still don't feel used to the time switch.)

I'll hope for a nice quiet afternoon like that, too!

Chandy said...

Thanks, Lara. It's almost surreal when things are quiet, isn't it? LOL