Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mr. Man and Me

The Husband Meme

Leigh of Tales of Bloggeritaville, a fun, fun blogger I met through my tablescaping blog invited her friends to do this on their blogs.

She even gave it a cute twist... She answered the questions first then asked her hubby so I will do the same! You know just like in the gameshow "Newlywed Game".

After I answered each question, I asked Mr. Man the question. This should be a piece of cake right, we've had 12 married years and 3 dating years behind us.... My twist is that he got to see my answers then he answered the questions.

1. What is something your husband always says to you?

Love you, too!

Mr. Man's answer- "We'll see." (Ok, how could I have forgotten that? That is true!)

2. What makes your husband happy?

His "cheezburger" and tools. We call his IPod Touch "cheezburger" since he is easily entertained by the "I Can Has Cheezburger" program (LOL Cats).

Mr. Man's answer- "A good back rub" and my "cheezburger." (the man does love his massages)

3. What makes your husband sad?

Not having enough time to spend with us. He works graveyard and his schedule changes every 6 weeks.

Mr. Man's answer- "when my kiddos are sick." (Am I having an off day? He does get sad when the kids are sick)

4. What was your husband like as a teen?

His pictures looked great but he was shy though he was liked by one of the popular girls in his
highschool and she became his girlfriend for over a year.

Mr. Man's answer- "shy." (Ok, I feel better now that I got one right!)

5. How old is your husband ?

He is 38. We are 11 months apart so I should know this one.

Mr. Man's answer-"38" (I'm on a roll! Yeah! That would have been embarrassing if I missed this question, huh?)

6. What is his favorite thing to do?

Look up tools in the computer or refresh his music in his "cheezburger".

Mr. Man's answer- "Those are not my favorites. It might surprise you, but I really like to going to the movies with just you and I." (Gotta love a man who can pull that out of his hat, huh?) LOL

7. What does your hubby do when you're not around?

Catches up on sleep and waits for me to come back and wake him up. ;-) He works graveyard so my awake time is his sleep time.

Mr. Man's answer- "I rock out to my Eurodance music." (Whoa, how can I forget about that? "Brain", are you up there?)

8. If your husband becomes famous, what will it be for?

He will be known for his quiet generosity. Mr. Man doesn't like the pomp and circumstance of recognition for his kind deeds. I love that about him...

Mr. Man's answer- "Being friendly." (True that!)

9. What is your husband really good at?

Fixing things around the house. He has several and specialized tool bags to prove it! He even got me to buy into a rolling toolbox to house all of my scrapbooking doodads!

Mr. Man's answer- "Yeah, fixing things and figuring things out." (Sorry Leigh, he is great with a hammer. Now if I can only convince him to take his shirt off when he's fixing things...) ;-)

10. What is your husband not very good at?

Planning anything romantic. I don't mean he doesn't have any romantic bones in his body, he just doesn't like planning in advance for some quality cuddles. But ask him about hotels and restaurants and you've got his attention. How do you think I was able to hold on to him all this time?

Mr. Man's answer-"I'd have to agree with the romantic planning one and speaking in large groups of people." (Told ya! And who doesn't get scared speaking in public?)

11. What does your husband do for a job?

He fixes sick airplanes...

Mr. Man's answer- "I take things apart and put them back together everyday." (he loves planes so yes he enjoys his work. Like Leigh, I advised him to go for what he loves so he can find joy in it and not just endure it to pay the bills. He's done that too many times.)

12. What is your husbands favorite food?

Wow, I could honestly say I have no idea! He loves my cooking and never really complains, but if I have to choose, I'll have to go with creamed peas and potatoes and banana bread.

Mr. Man's answer- "Banana bread and mac-n-cheese. They can be in the same meal." (Is he hinting on something here, I just can't put my finger on it...) ;-)

13. What makes you proud of your husband?

That he is an incredibly patient, understanding and kind man. He may be shy but he can hold his head up high because of his great heart.

Mr. Man's answer- "I have a hard time holding a grudge." (True that, too!)

14. If your husband were a cartoon character, who would he be?

He's been called "Charlie Brown" because of his baby bald head when he was a baby, but I still see that in him. ;-)

Mr. Man's answer- "Homer Simpson; he may be incompetent but he keeps trying and likes to have fun." (I think Mr. Man is kidding... He better be! Not a fan of Homer one bit! But I guess I see that logic. LOL)

What do you think? Do you see the resemblance?



This character or this character?



This is a fun meme, thanks Leigh! If you join in make sure to let me know so I can come and see what your hubby is like. Of course, we can only perform such memes because our hubs are the greatest few in the world, right? Right!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Very fun read! Thanks for sharing!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That was great! I can see that the two of you have a great respect for one another. I laughed out loud at the hammer and shirt off comment. LOL!
He sounds like a great guy! Glad you got him! I am so glad you did this.

Chandy said...

Well you know Leigh, I gotta try! LOL

Chandy said...

Jenny, I'm glad you came by to read it! I love this meme!

Alicia Robbins said...

That was so fun! I had to comment, we are the beneficiaries of my Dad's ability to fix sick airplanes. He worked for 29 years for Pan Am in Los Angeles, and then for Wester for a short time before it became Delta and then retired from Delta.
Have a Lovely Day~
Alicia

Chandy said...

Sis Robbins, that's awesome! My first home teacher worked for United Airlines for over 40 years until he retired. I think that's so cool that you can stay with one job as a career.

Heart ya for visiting!

Amy said...

Ahhhh...what a lovely family you have. It was fun reading your answers and then your hubby's answers to the questions. Very cute post! Amy :)

Chandy said...

Amy, thank you! I'm glad you came to visit!