Saturday, April 4, 2009

Conference Fill-up

Today, for Conference, we played Lingo Bingo and had another creative lunch. We loved hearing about provident living, service, having faith, temple attendance and obedience.

Now that we know we have a lot of edible ration in our house, I have been "playing around" with more impromptu, mixed-up recipes. It's actually really fun to do!

In the fridge, I found some leftover pasta, about two cups of spaghetti sauce, and the taco meat we had Thursday night. Knowing me, you know I'll come up with something! I heated up the sauce in a pot with 1 tbsp of olive oil, then I added the meat in and added some parsley, black pepper, garlic and parmesan cheese. When it was heated through, I added in the leftover pasta and tossed it until all was covered. Wouldn't you know it, I created a Zesty Spaghetti Sauce that even Ian liked! He and Jas do not normally eat any red sauce.


After the first conference, we picked up L-Infinity from her ACT Exam at another high school in the district. It is the science counterpart of SATs. On the way home, we stopped at the store for some bread and next to it, was a Boy Scout Troop 753 garage sale. We stopped and I found a very cute a three-piece blue and white Asian creamer set for $1.50! The original price for each were still on all three and it was a surprise that I found them. In Asian stores, the dishes are so expensive, it's almost painful to look at them. It's not fine bone china, but I love the way it looks! The pictures will be posted on my tablescaping blog on Monday.

Tonight, we just enjoyed some more of the spaghetti with some toast, corn and mandarin oranges...

One more day, and I'll be done with the Love Dare Challenge I started! Woo-hoo!

*************************************************



Day 39
Love Endures

"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."
1 Corinthians 13:8 KJV

DARE:
Spend time in personal prayer, then write a letter of commitment and resolve to your spouse. Include why you are committing to this marriage until death, and that you have purposed to love them no matter what. Leave it in a place that your mate will find it.

What I Did:
I don't need to write a letter; Mr. Man and I, we recommit our love to each other on his days off by talking about all of that we've gone through and our goals for the future.

2 comments:

Jan said...

You fill me up too Chandy. Always always. You are so inspiring.

Chandy said...

Thank you Jan! I needed to hear that...