Friday, April 24, 2009

I Love Postcards!


This is my first weekly meme here on our family blog, but since I love postcards and I tend to send them to family members, I thought it more fitting here!
I don't have anything vintage, but I do love scoping out interesting and one of a kind type of postcards.

Like this one of a
SEADRAGON!

We recently enjoyed going to the Dallas World Aquarium and while we had to remind our children that they can only get T-shirts for a souvenir, I spotted this one at the entrance for only 50 cents !

This one is called the Leafy Seadragon or Phycodurus Eques

They are closely related to seahorses and pipefishes and live mainly in Southern Australian waters. On the tank they were in, the description stated that the mythical Chinese dragon features were gleaned from these species.

Isn't it unbelievable?

From afar, the tank looked like its full of floating seaweed leaves!


I like this meme, I hope to remember to keep joining in! I just sent off the other one of a great field of bluebonnets I found in a quaint hospital pharmacy to our niece in Utah. This one will go to my niece and nephew in California. I know they'll love it!

19 comments:

Sparky said...

Hi! I like your choice of card. Seahorses are one of my favorite critters. Oh, and it isn't necessary to have vintage postcards to participate. Even photos of postage or mailboxes is considered participating, according to Marie.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your's is nice too!
God bless. Sparky :o)

Chandy said...

Thanks Sparky! See you all next week!

Master said...

Hello from Pakistan!
Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I want to swap a postcard with world UNESCO heritage site from your country. Can you send me one such card?
In return I can send you a nice postcard with beautiful landscape from Pakistan - which I think will be a great addition in your collection?

You can leave me a comment at http://mycoolpostcardcollection.blogspot.com/

We can also make a blog link exchange if you are interested....

Best Regards
Yours Cheema

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

That is a most unusual postcard, with a very unique sea character!

Katherine

Hansonpatch said...

beautiful! I love marine life. I wanted to be a marine biologist for about eight years of my life until I realized that I really wanted to be the first female president of the USA! I held on to that one through fifteen!

Lori Thompson said...

We always cut sereal boxes or cracker boxes and make our own post cards. Very cute!

dmarks said...

I think I have some photos of Dallas seadragons that I took on my visit there. If only I could find them.

Chandy said...

Hello to all, thanks!

Mim said...

It's beautiful - what an interesting animal.

Chandy said...

Mim, hello and yes, it is!

Sreisaat said...

Hi Chandy - great to meet you here...er, well you know what I mean *lol*

That's a beautiful sea critter -- I have to say I've never seen anything like it before. I'm sure the recipient of this postcard will love it!

Happy PFF and thanks for visiting, Kabayan :)


Postcards Crossing

Lisa Cobler said...

Your card is amazing!

Chandy said...

Thank you Lisa and Sreissat! I couldn't resist it when I saw it!

Marie Reed said...

I was so happy to click on your link this morning and see your lovely family smiling at me! I am such an aquarium aholic! I have four in the house (the fish just keep on having babies:)This is the niftiest little sea dragon ever! I bet that your kids were just awestruck! Happy PFF1

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Great card! I've never seen one like that before. Thanks for visiting mine. :)

Chandy said...

Thanks, guys! I love it, too!

Judith Richards Shubert said...

What a beautiful creature! Thanks for sharing the card with us on PFF! Stop by and visit me at Genealogy Traces or Food Gratitude!

Terry said...

Hi
I love the postcard of the seahorse/ dragon .I am crazy about seahorses.
My hubby and I got to go to Galveston and visit the Aquarium with a huge assortment of Seahorses .Thanks for a sweet reminder of a treasured happy memory.
Blessings to you and yours.

Chandy said...

Thank you all!