That's how long Kila stayed with us before she showed her true colors: unhinged and manipulative; crass and immodest. I say good riddance! (I have pictures of how she left her space before she came back from her date- to pack up- full of trash, mixed with wet and dirty underclothes, towels on the floor, but I won't gross you out like that)
We took her in and all (and I mean A LOT) of her stuff, rearranged two bedrooms, a bathroom, the dining room and the fridge to make room for her and gave her limits and a place in our family as one of our own. Allowed her to stay within the boundaries of her high school so she can graduate. Mr. Man and I signed on to let her stay the whole school year as her Education Guardian. We allowed her friends to come in anytime and eat, no questions asked. We added to our menu to accommodate her food choices and even funded her hair routine of biweekly dyeing-- ALL FOR FREE.
But I guess she's too good for us...
For our own children, we have 4 major rules outside of the obvious:
- Curfew is tight but negotiable- tell us where you go, who you're with and check in at least once.
- Personal Spaces- clean once a week
- Laundry- once a week
- Chores- get it done and offer to help
- "I'm 18, I should be able to enjoy that!" (She's still in highschool and she was allowed to go out every night- curfew Midnight) I don't ask for details and don't mind waiting up for her. Glad I didn't give her a key...
- "The bed's gonna get slept on anyway, what's the big deal?" (She's been sleeping on wet towels and dirty clothes, sleeps for 12 hours a day on weekends, during break- making L-Infinity gag with the smell)
- "I don't like doing laundry!" (Did I mention the room reeked?)
- When asked why she hasn't been helping unless we had to ask her (constantly), "I don't eat here anymore!" (She worked and went on long dates since break- that would be 1 week). When asked if she can help with any other chores, she said, "I don't know! (loudly)
She's 18 and we respected that and that's why we rearranged our whole life the past few months to accommodate that fact, but instead, we ended up taking in someone who didn't know how to be grateful and the whole time, vindictive. She said that she didn't trust us because "our close-knit family weirded" her out (I feel so loved). She also stated that she wasn't going to change her ways for us but she changed for her boyfriend for herself. (fine and good, but I didn't ask her to change, I asked her to help out and mind the major rules.)
She left labeling my daughter ignorant and other awful things thru texting. Her boyfriend, disrespected me in my home by cussing me out. I guess they are each other's soul mates. Don't worry, we blocked her phone and took them out of our Friends list in Facebook. We wiped them out of our lives because we don't need people that will bring us down. I made sure she left with ALL of her stuff and that she picked up her trash TODAY because I wasn't going to ring in the New Year with her still a part of our lives. I've had enough...
Now let's see boys and girls, how long this fairy tale between them would last, shall we? I say good riddance but I do pray that her own family gets their act together and soon bring her back home because she is clearly only 18, by age...