Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Night of "Firsts"

Tonight, we ran a little late on everything since I was in between finishing our 2010 Projection Budget (yes, I have to do this so we can survive...) and next thing I know...
J-Pony's done with homework and rushing off to her school concert that I didn't get to attend, I-Dude's finished with his homework and ready for anything and Mr. Man is rushing out the door to pick up L-Infinity from her Ac Dec meeting at school while Kila's entertaining me with my horoscope. I managed to put up only one set of LED lights around one window because many of the suction cups wouldn't take, the clings were not clinging and I had to help our neighbor over something.

So... no story tonight, because I had to go out and get real butter for these awesome Chocolate Mexican Wedding cookies that almost didn't turn out and I had to tweak the recipe. So until I get our next batch perfect, I won't share the recipe, but I assure you, it is great! Especially when you grind up your own chocolate and pecans. Mmmm... the fresh ingredients make these cookies!


Right after each kid had two cookies dipped in ganache, we listened to The First Noel song and had a great round of hugs after prayer. Appropriate considering this is the FIRST time I baked these cookies!

I found some great Thanksgiving decor and salad plates at our local Kroger for 90% off! It is a FIRST since according to them, they have never sold any after Thanksgiving items for more than 50% off. Woohoo!

I love nights like this... Wishing you're enjoying yours.

8 comments:

Elaine said...

Sounds like you had a great night!!! Hope tomorrow's is great too!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Darling blog! I wandered in from somewhere........hmmmm, can't remember! Love your style of writing.
Cute family.
Tauna

Nikia, May and da kids said...

Cookies. YUMMY. 90% off??? that is the BEST deal I heard from anyone for anything this holiday season. You shouldv'e asked for some free stuff while you were there too. You never know. 90% is amazing, but FREE is better. Never hurts to ask.

May

Hansonpatch said...

The cookies look great. I supppose that even though there was no story it was memorable because of time spent together as a family. So, What did your horoscope say?

Chandy said...

Elaine, welcome and thank you so much!

Chandy said...

Tauna, you are so sweet. Thanks!

Chandy said...

May, I so agree! :-)

Chandy said...

Thanks; and the horoscope was funny to me and Kila.