Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Perfect Christmas Eve...

Today was unbelievably amazing!!!

First, we were alerted to a snowy treat outside of our front door. So naturally...
We started a cozy fire.
Had some fun in the snow...
And thoroughly enjoyed our annual, though normally on Christmas Day, grazing! Mr. Man and his family always had a grazing table on Christmas Day . This is where we collect all food gifts we get and our chosen fingr foods to enjoy without cooking. See the blue box, that contains, "Pan de Sal"- the Filipino dinner rolls! Yep, I baked them yesterday!
Back in December 12, we had L's friend Tyler take our Christmas portraits. I think they turned out great! Here's Mr. Man and I...
Mr. Man and the kiddos...
A horizontal line-up...
Starring the kiddos...
And our chosen pic to share...

Tonight's stories were Luke 2:1-15 and "Mary's Dream". I also reiterated why we don't do giftgiving in December anymore though stockings and pjs on Christmas Eve are still part of our tradition which Mr. Man grew up with.

Merry Christmas everyone! (Oh, yeah, tonight, I made Calamansi bars- the Filipino version of Lemon bars. Yummier!)

6 comments:

Nikia, May and da kids said...

Why do we need you to bake us all those treats?? Y.U.M.M.Y.
Oh while I am secretly envying your baking skills, my waistline tells me to breathe and I would only pay for it later if I was a baker.

You know the saying Chandy, "the Lord gives you what you need, not what you want" or I would be 1000 lbs.

Thank you again for sharing your life stories and being so uplifting. Enjoy your family today!

May

Chandy said...

I so agree, May... LOL

Hansonpatch said...

Love the family photo, the play time in the snow, and the family foods of your two cultures. Sounds like a great day! P.S. I am really loving your long hair!

Hansonpatch said...

P.P.S. I forgot...Merry Christmas!

Chandy said...

Hi Anne, that was totally wet moussed up hair and I loved it all, too!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Hope you had a Merry CHristmas!!!!!