Thursday, July 16, 2009

Goodbyes in Utah

Mr. Man was able to have Wednesday off during our vacation, so he took off today, in the morning. As part of his things to pack, I made sure that my hubs had enough to eat while he was at work. On our way, I sat next to him in the front seat of the truck and the whole time, I couldn't stop thinking about how weird it is for me to say goodbye to him just a few feet away from where he needs to go into to catch a plane.

I wanted to cry... I was glad that I-Dude cried quietly on the way back because I didn't want to cry in front of my FIL. He'll understand of course, but it was just so surreal that it hurt. I remember being the last one to get in the truck. J-Pony was entertained by her cousin, T, and my SIL, K, so I knew she was fine.

Then the kiddos stayed at my SIL's for the night and I find myself alone in the room we were staying at, quiet and peaceful. I knew the kids were having fun and M&D- ILs were enjoying their evening. Mom got me a book,

(Cover Browser dot com)

and it's such a good read! Of course, I didn't get to finish it though I wanted to. I was able to take a shower in peace and enjoy a bag of Hawaiian "Luau BBQ" Potato Chips, compliments of M&D.

I loved my day alone; but I also felt alone... Like I was missing something. Four somethings, precious somethings... I couldn't wait to fall asleep (yes, I had a hard time though it was quiet) so that Friday could come soon.

No comments: