Thursday, January 14, 2010

Inevitable Changes...

As you noticed, I haven't been blogging much. Not that I have nothing to say, I just have to portion my brain cells between planning to continue our current lifestyle of easygoing and packing every little thing we can prior to our not so planned out move yet the end of summer, almost fall, with a heavy dose of organization and reduction. (pictures later)

I'm still baking, budget planning and a mediocre visiting teacher, but since our gift to the Savior this year as a family is to "Be Better Missionaries"... We are choosing to keep our hearts and home open to all possibilities and promptings on what that would entail. (If you know us, opportunities are never in short supply. Just the way we like it.)

So, what's in store?

Time with family and friends
Traveling (more to college campus of L's choice and acceptance of course)
Reading the scriptures
Revising the food stocking plan to fit our move
Find some time for genealogy
More reading
Offer cooking lesson activities to YW
Teach cooking tips to friends
More baking (we're talking eclairs, baby!!!)

The rest and "in betweens"... We'll leave them in the capable hands of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm sure He has some great ideas up His sleeves.

I'll be around, just not as often, but I'll blog worthy news, occasional ramblings and life-altering moments or even just to throw in a laugh or two. We'll see...

Til' next post!

8 comments:

kado! said...

i Love your new look...so clean and organized! like it a lot! have fun with your fun plans...you can't go wrong with baking eclairs...that pretty much makes any day better!!!! ;)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Cute blog look.
I think you write awesome ramblings and shouldn't hesitate to do it all the time.

Hansonpatch said...

How much fun yet stress is moving? I think your preparations will make for a much more ordered move. How exciting is it that Lisa will be going off to college? I know I am excited, you have done a good job and so has she. I expect to continue to hear from you now and again!

Chandy said...

Kado, you know me so well... LOL

Chandy said...

Tauna, you kill me! Thanks!

Chandy said...

Ann, you know I'm so there! I'm so excited myself for my dear L!

Jewel Allen said...

Love the new look, Carolyn! I think your gift idea is awesome. There are so many things in life worth doing, and you are choosing the "best".

Have a great new year, too!

Owens Family said...

I think I missed something where are you moving?