Friday, January 29, 2010

Fridays? Grrr!!!

Mental Floss dot com

This year, with Mr. Man's new schedule and the growing kids' desire to be little litterbugs, my Fridays have become a day I don't look forward to.

It's the most hectic since field trips, competitions, concerts, deadlines, fees due dates and budget reconciliation-- all fall on this day! It plain bites! And then there's the cleaning...

For example, this morning, I spent over 10 minutes picking up in the smallish kiddos' room just to get all the stuff strewn on the floor! And since our ex-guest/free tenant set the bad example of "dining en suite" by sneaking out snacks from the upstairs pantry, I also saw empty snack packs on the floor! (can you say fuming? She's already gone and yet I'm still cleaning up after her mess! Grrrr!!!)

So for "correction tactics", snacks were rescinded for today, all laundry have to be done tonight, bed was made (my way), clothes are being folded right after the dry cycle and dinner is simple and they had to help. I figured since they expended their brain and body energy into being "mischievous", I am within my parental rights to "redirect it" and make them productive!

I will achieve two things-- clean space and clothes (albeit temporary) and clothes sorted out to what fits now and next year. Simply, more reduction and organization compliments of their laziness and sneaky ways!

It is true, opposition is needed in all things... It cures complacency and deceit- in my house anyways...

Gotta love my kids!

7 comments:

Nikia, May and da kids said...

YOU GO GIRL!
You have to run your house the way you want your kids to grow up and be responsible. No shame in that. I run my home the same way = )

May

Chandy said...

May, thanks for that! Sometimes, I do feel overwhelmed but you gotta deal with it, right?

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It's nice to know that I wasn't the only one putting the crack-down today.
Hopefully order will be restored.

Chandy said...

It was, it was... Thank goodness. :-)

Hansonpatch said...

You are a great mom! They will really appreciate the lessons when they are older. I will have to try that in my house. You are SO not alone in this one.

Chandy said...

Thanks, Anne! I'm so glad that they're somewhat receptive to it and things are getting done.

kado! said...

i have that EXACT same book!!!...it is from when I was a kid and now it is on my kids book shelf! They love it!

good luck on the cleaning..it never ends!!!