Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner! (On Friday)

As you know, we had to delay our Thanksgiving dinner to today, Friday because Mr. Man worked on T-day night. That was a great blessing as it bought me another day to prepare and make most of the meal. Well, I was still late because Mr. Man and I slept in after he got home and I woke up at 2 and dinner was at 6! And in the process, I miscounted the placesettings so I changed my original tablescape to this more subtle but just as effective look.

But when it came time to eat, all was amazing! We dined under candlelights and on homemade bread, soup, butter and game hens, as well as sparkling apple cider and white grape juice. L-Infinity made the soup, J-Pony helped with the cupcakes and I-Dude helped taste everything! What a helpful bunch! :-)

I made french bread, but I wanted to do something different, so I braided each loaf! They turned out great on the table and everyone loved just pinching off the loaf rather than waiting for slices to be handed them. The butter was fresh and creamy. What a combination!
I made my own Chocolate Pecan Pie. It was delicious! I will have to cover the crust next time as it almost burned... I gave it a "vine and leaf" decor but because it was so dark, you couldn't even tell. Oh, well...
And here's the dessert table! Aside from the cream puffs at the top, the cupcakes and the pie are all homemade. Yum!
And here's the dining crew! Elder Taggart, Elder Clark, Daniel and my darlings, L-Infinity, Mr. Man, J-Pony and I-Dude. (Kila had to work, but her beau, Alex, had her over on Thursday night with his family so she also had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.)

2 comments:

Hansonpatch said...

Those are some seriously happy Elders! Maybe it was all the great food? ;-) Your table looks great, and so does the family. They grow up so fast :-( I am glad you had a great day!

Chandy said...

Me, too! Thanks! And they were happy because they it was their second Thanksgiving dinner! LOL Yes, the kids do grow up so quickly...