Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm Grateful For... #18

from Crivitz dot com

Having enough resources... Today, I was quietly reminded to be grateful for having enough for what we need.

I was at an Asian market this morning and though I was in a hurry, I chose the middle checkout girl who already had a customer. She only had 5 small items so I didn't mind. I watched her watch the screen intently and after the cashier hit "TOTAL" , this lady started questioning the cashier about what she bought. Then she gingerly swiped her card and I guess it was denied because the next time I looked up, her transaction was suspended and she was running toward the front of the store. The cashier told me what happened; I smiled and excused myself for forgetting something I needed to get. When I got back, the lady was back and I noticed two items voided out, her swiping her card again and even paying with some coins.

The card turned out to be a Food Stamp card and she didn't have enough in it, but she didn't know that she didn't have enough. It made me wonder if those things she left behind, she needed just as much as those she bought...

We've been in the same boat many times than I care to admit, but one thing that stood out to me was my difference with her- I always knew when I didn't have enough and I would pray that Heavenly Father would not let my family suffer from our lack of resources.

I am so grateful for having enough this year, especially of faith. Faith was what kept us holding our heads up even when we didn't have enough.

May you all have enough of what you truly need in life.

2 comments:

Hansonpatch said...

I think I needed to be reminded of Heavenly Fathers generous hand in my life right then. Thanks for this post.

Chandy said...

Anytime, dear friend, anytime!