Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Grateful For... #23

Crafts and creativity!!! They are so fun and beautiful things are born everytime!

I've been browsing some blogs a couple of weeks back and I couldn't help but admire dressed up mantles now that I have one, so tonight I decided to "dress up" mine. I wanted to have separate shades of Fall this year, so this is my ORANGE side of Fall. So glad the kids and the hubs loved it...

On each end of the mantle are two significant pictures in my life. The small one on your left is of my dad's; his only clear picture I own. On your right, is of me and Lisa; taken in November 1996 at Mr. Man's parents' home. We look very happy because we became a part of a new family, the best kind- an eternal one...



4 comments:

Hansonpatch said...

Beautiful! Both the Sabbath and the ability to create are so relaxing. It is amazing to me when you look at petroglyphs that are hundreds of thousands of years old, and you think (even with no tools, with the struggle to survive) people were driven to create and to leave a bit of themselves through art. So amazing!

Chandy said...

I agree! I love how you see things similarly as I do when people create. So cool how we can add beauty to our own world when we choose to create rather then destroy...

Twincerely,Olga said...

stoppin in from SITS! looks beautiful!I am following you now!stop by

Chandy said...

Thank you and welcome, Olga!