Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm Grateful For... #13

Courtesy of Moline Elementary, St. Louis, MO

Education... Being able to go back to college after having three kids, over a decade later, and actually graduating have been nothing short of a continuous sense of accomplishment for me. I am grateful that both of my parents went to college. My desire to go and finish never waned; and now that my own daughter is in the process of choosing a college, I couldn't be more pleased that I can share in some of her future experience as a college student.

I love this scripture passage; it is one I abide by to instill the need for continued learning in my family.

D&C 93:36 - The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth.

3 comments:

Lara Neves said...

You are such an awesome example of furthering your education! Your kids will never forget it...and once they are in college they will realize that it wasn't easy!

Melissa said...

That's a great thing to be grateful for. I am too!

Chandy said...

Thanks you two! I feel very blessed just knowing I finished college.