Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Healthier Me: My Fitness Journey

Today, I decided that I will make that BIG leap into a more active and proactive healthy lifestyle for myself. I normally eat sensibly and do my obligatory chores as my workout, but I know I can be better.

I'm about 136 lbs and barely under 5 feet tall. I am currently size 6/8 and have been since December 1999. I AM OVERWEIGHT.

For my height, my max healthy weight is 112-115 lbs and max of size 4.

I AM OVERWEIGHT. I need this as a reminder.

We got this treadmill for FREE, so I am determined to use it everyday to help whip my body into a lighter version.

(excuse my LR/Library walls, we're still figuring out paint color.)

Starting today, I will take you with me as I journey into this mostly painful, obviously funny and hopefully not empty attempt at reaching my goal. I have no set time to reach it, but rather I wish to get into a habit of wanting to be healthier.

DAY 1-- 30 mins
TIME: 8:00 AM

WALKING-25 mins/2.0 mph
RUNNING-05 mins/4.0 mph

CALORIES BURNED: 166 fat/cals
DISTANCE: 1.5 miles


BREAKFAST:
  1. Water-3 glasses
  2. Strawberries-7 whole
  3. Eggs- 2 sunny-side up/no salt/pepper
LUNCH:
  1. Water- 4 glasses
  2. Spinach Salad w/ Craisins & oat crunch cereal & homemade dressing
  3. Hershey's Kisses- 3 dark chocolate
DINNER:
  1. Water- 3 glasses
  2. Baked Salmon (cumin, garlic, lemon, evoo)
  3. Spinach & Strawberry salad
  4. Mushroom & Onion couscous
Extra Workout:
Walked around the grocery store before getting and carrying mushrooms, a gallon & a quart of milk. NO cart or basket.



No comments: