Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Healthier Me: Day 4

Insomnia hit me again this morning and I didn't fall asleep until 3:30 AM. Grrrr!!!

Woke up @ 6:15 and stayed up until 9:30. Fell asleep and didn't wake up until 2:30, just enough time to meet my son at the front door. Also had a bit of a stiff neck.

IT BEGINS... Every year, I start to be more active. But the first two weeks are a real pain. Literally! But it goes beyond pain for me. I get sick!

Stiff necks, sniffles, muscle aches, light-headed, fever, cold sores, coughs. The yucky stuff!

So, just like always, I have to stop the workouts and rest until I feel better. In other words, no difference.

But this time, I want to get to three weeks, at least and know that I've conquered something.

WORKOUT: (1 hour total)
Wii Fit: Basic and Advanced Steps, Hula Hoop Challenge, Basic Boxing
Stair-Climbing: 5 sets
Upper Arms: Mixed with both arms for tonight's menu

BREAKFAST:
Honey wheat toasts-2 slices
Laughing Cow cheese- 1 wedge
Milk

LUNCH:
Leftover- Mushroom & Onion couscous- 1 cup
Grapes- 1 cup
Water- 4 glasses

SNACK:
None

DINNER:
Two-egg cheese omelette
Steamed broccoli
Strawberries- 3
Water-4 glasses

DESSERT:
2 choc chip cookies (I splurged... :-D)
(The recipe yielded 5 doz since I used a small scoop, but don't worry; I have the hubs sharing most of it at work and the kids bringing some to school tomorrow. )

My BMI is 24 at 119 lbs. I need to be at 22 BMI at about 109-110 lbs. I have a looong way to go!

I hope I can keep this momentum despite the oncoming symptoms. I will have to take Tylenol to head them off. Wish me luck!

No comments: