Friday, September 24, 2010

A New Season, A New Place...

Picks of Canada

Aahhhh... Fall is here again... I can't recall a time since coming here to the U.S. of A., when I didn't like Autumn.

The air gets crisp, the winds get colder, the leaves turn color and school is in full swing. Now, Autumn means colorful projects, cozy reading moments with the kids, baking cookies that perfume the whole house, and a whole new adventure in a more permanent setting. I can't help but feel blessed about greeting my favorite season in a new home, our permanent home. For so long we've prayed to be where we can put down roots and get to know our neighbors, our community. Now we no longer wonder. We can start...

It's amazing the renewing power Fall has over me, I feel energized, motivated and more secure of myself. I am at peace but buzzing with ideas and memories I want to create. The decor that will eventually color and punctuate our new home for Halloween and Thanksgiving will be embedded more in me than a summer full of activities. The colors of Fall will make me smile and feel awe. I will drown in gratitude for our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Love will definitely add to the warmth of our hearts and hearth.

In our Family room, we chose colors that can complement FALL when it arrives.

I am excited! Fall... In our new home...I hope you all can find the same satisfaction in your lives, even just for a season...

2 comments:

Hansonpatch said...

I think it is really clear in my blog that Autumn is and always has been my favorite time of the year. I adore the colors, scents, cooler temps, sweaters, spooky stories, rich spice combinations, and increased usage of candles and fireplaces. I associate it with the school year beginning, good food, great family and friends, adventures, and stories. My favorite things. I am glad that you enjoy it as well. Love your background by the way!

Chandy said...

Thanks! And yes, your blog is oozing Fall, I love it!