Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mid-Week Utah Romp

It started with an innocent text from our Utah cousin T-Giggles about visiting each other. Next thing we know, we were planning our standby trips to Utah and Texas every TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY for three weeks.

First, on Tuesday at 10AM, we hopped on a plane to SLC and we dropped off I-Dude and J-Pony to see the family and spend a week there. We, Mr. Man, L-Infinity and me turned around and went home very early Wednesday-left at 4:45AM!

While there, I & J spent time with family and going to my sis-in law's husband's family farm picking fruit and all kinds of fun things. They also went swimming, but got sunburned since they didn't put on enough sunscreen. Oh yeah, they also played a lot! Since my SIL K has a new baby boy, 4-mo old Gorgeous G; we all enjoyed his perfect company for at least half a day.
(Now tell me, if that's not a genuine smile of awe over someone divine and perfect... Ok, I was having my baby fix! LOL) Thanks, K and G!

I got to hold, change and help him sleep while my SIL and her hubby got to do some errands. T's other brother, Cool C, only 3, was so shy that I'll take a pic of his cute self the next time we're up there.

Then, the next Tuesday, again at 10AM, we went up to Utah again to pick up the kiddos including our cousin T-Giggles. We also celebrated her dad's birthday with some expertly tossed home made pizzas and German Chocolate Cake. My SIL is so talented! She tossed that pizza dough and put together some great toppings. No cardboard tasting pizza that night! I'll have to learn that tossing business, even just for entertainment purposes. He, he...

Hauling 4 kids of varying ages is its own challenge, but their excitement got us going in time though again on a Wednesday @ 4:45AM. Here we are waiting for our security documents at the Salt Lake Int'l airport. (L- R: L-Infinity, T-Giggles, I-Dude and J-Pony)
We got boarding passes pretty quickly so T was glad to be on board. Our flight was at 6:30AM.
Finally, after so many hours and three airports, we were back home! I was more excited to prove that T-Giggles was actually with us! It's been so long since the last time we got to spend quality time with her.
After resting a bit, we ate at our new fave Asian haunt called, Asian Bowl. So authentic, that their chow mein is the original veggie stirfry with white sauce, NO noodles! So cool!

T-Giggles is fairly picky, but she loved the Lo-Mein noodle dish and really enjoyed what we got. Here's the true Chow Mein below. Wow! It was soooo good!

On Thursday, we vegged out most of the day and did some Walmart shopping for insect zapper. But we can't seem to find the one we found last time! Oh well...

Of course, since it was hot, we had to make sure T got to experience what the northern Texans are into right now-frozen yogurt with all the toppings! We normally go to the Asian one called Yogurtland, but we wanted something different so we went to Yogurtville! I love their Belgian Chocolate!

Then on Friday, we took everyone to lunch at the Southwest Airlines HQ called, The Landing Cafe on the top floor.
Look at that vision of awe... Only Mr. Man and I have been there, so it was a real treat for the kiddos. Then it was off to grab lunch, it was a buffet for all tastes-it was funny to see the kids gravitate towards their favorites. Pizza and dessert!
That whole window wall looks out to the airstrip so the kids got to see planes take off and land, even a helicopter flew over!

Then we toured a bit and found this Hall of Shirts. We all had a great time taking pictures of this giant one.
J-Pony was short on attention, so she was trying really hard to look miserable. It didn't work though. :-)

On the way back, J-Pony realized she left her purse in the restaurant so Mr. Man and I took them home then we went back to retrieve it. It was found and we got a call so it was a quick trip back to and from Dallas. We took a detour for some Sears tool shopping then we picked up the kids for some Dollar Tree treat each while Mr. Man shopped for more tools at Harbor Freight next door.

Saturday evening was Interskate time! We all rented, but only they managed to enjoy some skate time as I could not even stay upright without holding on to anything! :-D

There's Mr. Man and T-Giggles off to try the rink.

Look at I-Dude going all by himself! It was his first time on real skates! He kept trying and trying. I was all smiles!
T-Giggles while resting from her skating fun...
And here's J-Pony going on those in-line skates! This would be her 1st time also after a practice field trip a few months ago before school got out! Oh what I would give to be able to be able to do that! (The first and last time I skated was back in San Jose, CA when I was 16. My cousin took me but couldn't stay with me the whole time since she wanted to skate, too. So I ended up falling several times on my own even while holding on. Eventually, a nice guy (who turned out to be an Army Weapons Specialist, over 20) ended up helping me go around a few times. The price for a bit of skating fun tutorial? My phone number, of course! He was the cutest guy there, even my cousin was jealous that he helped me instead. So flattered!) :-)
Here's I-Dude with L-Infinity; they both are novices, but are holding their own just fine on the baby rink. Mr. Man even took I-Dude to the main rink while L-Infinity tried her luck there as well. No one fell on the main rink! Yay!
Posing with their skates...
After about an hour, you know it was time to go when sweat was pouring down and an ambulance crew is in the middle of the rink. A lady fell and broke her ankle. I hope she's alright. It took a while to get her loaded on the gurney because no one could move her without her screaming from sheer agony!

(T-Giggles with Mr. Man after our church class)

Today, since it's Sabbath, it was just like always... Church, nap, some TV time and Breakfast for Dinner! I was a short order cook! It was fun but hot!

This Tuesday, we again will pack our bags and head back to Utah to bring Taryn home and be with my in-laws, until Thursday!

( The kiddos At Chili's Too at PHX Sky Harbor)
Til next time!

No comments: